Designated Safeguarding Leads
Mr Martin Caddy (Headteacher) is the school’s Designated Safeguarding Lead. The school also has two Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads – Mrs Eileen Maddocks (Class Teacher) and Mrs Nikki Johnson (Business Manager)
Any safeguarding or welfare concerns should be brought to their attention. These staff will also be able to provide further advice or support with any welfare issues.
Information about Safeguarding at Stokeinteignhead Primary School
The safeguarding of all children is of paramount importance. Parents send their children to school each day with the expectation that school provides a secure environment in which their children are able to flourish. This section of the website outlines the ways in which we meet these safeguarding responsibilities.
Safeguarding is the responsibility of all members of our school community and as such the information contained below applies to everyone.
In recognising our responsibilities for Safeguarding and Child Protection, as a school we:
• Have clear staff recruitment and selection procedures, ensuring that all staff (including volunteers) who have unsupervised access to children, have been appropriately checked for their suitability through the DBS procedure.
• Aim to raise awareness of child protection issues and equip children with the skills needed to keep them safe.
• Develop and implement procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases of abuse.
• Support children who have been abused in accordance with his/her Child Protection Plan.
• Establish a safe and nurturing environment free from discrimination or bullying where children can learn and develop happily
Important guidance and information on our procedures for parents, visitors and volunteers can be found in the leaflet below. Copies are also available from the office.
Keeping Our Children Safe on Site
Health and Safety Policy
The school has a health and safety policy, which is monitored by the Headteacher, Business Manager and School Governors. A copy of this policy is available on our website.
The School Business Manager and Link Governors carry out regular inspections of the school site and Health and safety concerns are reported to the Business Manager.
At regular intervals during the school year, fire drills take place to allow us to practise effective evacuation from the building. The Business Manager completes an annual Fire Risk Assessment. The school also has clear procedures and policies in place in the event of an emergency.
We provide a secure site, but the site is only as secure as the people who use it. Therefore, all people on the site must adhere to the rules, as carelessness can cause potential problems to safeguarding.
· The entrance gate will be locked except at the start and end of each day.
· External doors will be closed to prevent intrusion.
· Visitors, volunteers and students must only enter through the main entrance. All visitors and volunteers must sign in at the school office and collect a lanyard.
· Children will only be allowed home with adults with parental responsibility or confirmed permission. Please let teachers know if someone different will be collecting your child.
· Children are not allowed to leave school alone during school hours.
· CCTV is in operation 24 hours a day
· The gate will be supervised by a member of staff at the end of the day.