Keeping Our Children Safe on Site
Health and Safety Policy
The school has a health and safety policy, which is monitored by the Headteacher, Business Manager and School Governors. A copy of this policy is available on our website.
The School Business Manager and Link Governors carry out regular inspections of the school site and Health and safety concerns are reported to the Business Manager.
At regular intervals during the school year, fire drills take place to allow us to practise effective evacuation from the building. The Business Manager completes an annual Fire Risk Assessment. The school also has clear procedures and policies in place in the event of an emergency.
We provide a secure site, but the site is only as secure as the people who use it. Therefore, all people on the site must adhere to the rules, as carelessness can cause potential problems to safeguarding.
· The entrance gate will be locked except at the start and end of each day.
· External doors will be closed to prevent intrusion.
· Visitors, volunteers and students must only enter through the main entrance. All visitors and volunteers must sign in at the school office and collect a lanyard.
· Children will only be allowed home with adults with parental responsibility or confirmed permission. Please let teachers know if someone different will be collecting your child.
· Children are not allowed to leave school alone during school hours.
· CCTV is in operation 24 hours a day
· The gate will be supervised by a member of staff at the end of the day.